Wednesday, December 29, 2010
While here, I spent a good amount of time going through the attic trying to re-organize and get rid of things. Some things I believed were valuable as a teenager no longer are so we had quite a bit to get rid of. A few treasures included:
My "Online Guy File"-Oh yes folks, before Noah and I were married I had somewhat of any online relationship with a boy and well I kept everything he sent me. Noah was thoroughly amused by the whole thing, but insisted that mailing everything back would not be appropriate.
Stinks Bugs-Ew, ew, and ew. I hate you stink bugs, you have ruined the smell of my childhood memories.
Glowy and Blankie-They have weathered a lot through the years, but I finally have them back with me.
Books-Oh my gosh my books. I can't take them all home with me and this made me very sad. They will have to continue to sit in the stink bug infested attic. Sad day.
Lists-I made a list of 1,000 things that made me happy. It brought a really big smile to my face.
Also, we did a little shopping while here and because I enjoy lists so much here's what I bought:
2 long sleeve shirts
1 pair of very warm running pants
A stretchy running shirt for Noah and a new pair of cheap running shoes to break in the Vibrams (see below)
And another list of all the fabulous gifts we got:
1 pair of drunken reindeer pj's
1 pair of snowman pj's
1 pr. Vibrams
2 Threadless tees
1 Old Navy gift card
1 nifty socket wrench
1 crate full of Obi's
1 beautiful turquoise necklace and matching earrings that I've waited for since July
1 set of Tahitian pearls (Black)
Lots of soap (I wonder if my family thinks I'm dirty)
1 rotary cutter
1 self healing mat
1 iPod shuffle
1 Black Ann Taylor Dress
And we've both got a few extra pounds around the middle with inspiration from Eat, Pray, Love.
I love vacation.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I was in somewhat of a cranky mood for the last 30 minutes so I decided to make a list of things I'm grateful for:
1. Noah. He has to be on the top of the list right? Really though, he puts up with a lot and I cannot imagine life with a better person. I don't regret marrying him.
2. Friends. There have been a lot of people in my life who travel in and out, but I've had some constants. I appreciate that they put up with my craziness and sometimes even come over and do Pilates with me.
3. Being Mormon. I don't know what it's like to be anything else, but I will tell you that from my point of view nothing beats it.
4. My body. It hasn't been my best friend these last five years, but it's mine and I'm grateful that I have one that on most occasions works.
5. My Job. It's tough and I spend, oh I'd say 12 hours a day or more doing it, but I'm doing something useful and I like it.
6. My calling. I spent the first couple of months of being in my new married ward having a really tough time adjusting and feeling needed. Getting a calling that made me feel useful and needed helped a lot, plus I got to know a lot of really amazing people.
7. Our down comforter. Our apartment is really cold. Enough said.
8. The temple. It's the most peaceful place on this earth. I always feel like I can go there to rest.
9. Weight Watchers. It's my support system (plus Noah) and it's turned my husband into the sexiest man alive. He held this title before his weight loss and I didn't think it was possible, but he's even sexier.
10. Wishes coming true. Sunday night I told Noah I wanted a blizzard. I got one and it's beautiful!
Friday, December 17, 2010
This one was originally done for the Farmer's Market. We stretched IKEA remnants over cork board.
These fabrics combined with...
this drawing, may equal one quilt (someday).
I've been exploring and experimenting with watercolors. A lot of what I'm doing involves pockets and sewing on watercolor paper.
The idea really came from my gallbladder and my recent love for sewing. I have some plans for this and when I finally have time this summer I might just go about working out the ideas.
This beauty was a recent acquisition that turned into this:
Just another thing for Noah to hang I guess. :)
Thursday, December 16, 2010
1. I rearranged my classroom AND I LOVE IT!
2. I lost another pound even after being -20 points this week I have OFFICIALLY lost 5% of my body weight! YES!
3. Noah invented a chocolate pumpkin smoothie:
1/2 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
1 c. fat-free milk
1/2 can (15 oz.) of pumpkin
1 package of Weight Watchers Creamy Chocolate smoothie Mix
2 tbsp brown sugar
Pumpkin Spice as desired
Blend it all and split it with your spouse. It's only 3 points and it's FILLING! I personally enjoy drinking it out of a straw. Makes me feel exotic.
4. 5 days until I'm in MARYLAND!
5. My in-laws bought me a beautiful new dress and when I opened it I didn't take it off for a good 30 min. until we had to go somewhere. I LOVE IT!
By the way, I have recently discovered a love for Yoga. Noah and I were both very happy people after doing my Yoga video (purchased from Ross for like $2.) I'm going to incorporate this more in to my life. Also, if you do 30 min of Yoga you get 2 activity points. That's more than what you get for walking for 30 min. I find this absolutely worth it.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I thought this was a lame ending to the 30 day challenge, but I thought about it for a moment and decided on a pretty good song and way to end. My favorite song is How Firm a Foundation. When Noah and I were really struggling financially and emotionally back in April we were on our way to the temple and I heard this song on the radio (yay for living in Utah). I was singing along until they got to the third verse:
Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.
I felt the spirit so strongly right at that moment, telling me that everything would be OK and that no matter what trials may come my way that I am supported by a loving Heavenly Father. That song goes on and is so comforting and inspiring:
When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.
When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.
The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
1. Writing in this blog has taken way too much of the time I should have used to plan lessons.
2. I need to be more organized. I thought I was, but more organization is required for this job.
3. I can lose 6 lbs. :) That's right, I did lose 6 lbs. I'm hoping with the new Weight Watcher's program I'll lose even more. I stepped on the scale this morning and I've already lost 3 lbs. Let's hope I can hold on for dear life this week.
4. Christmas Vacation + School= CHAOS!
5. I'm stronger than I think I am.
Monday, December 6, 2010
A year ago:
Well, I gained 30 lbs. Thank you first year of marriage and sucky gallbladder. I also cut my bangs. Something I've wanted to do for a long time, but never had the guts to do it. Also, I love my husband more. I wasn't even married in the first picture. I live in a new place and I'm a TEACHER! My life has changed a lot. Some I would say for the better and others for the worse, but overall I think the change has been good.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Weight Watchers Book and coupons
Ibuprofen (or as Esther calls it "Vitamin I")
My purse is pretty boring and normal. I wish I could say my secret spy identity card, which I will not reveal on this blog because then it would give away my cover. Perhaps even diamond earrings, my spare just in case. Or like in Mary Poppins or Harry Potter you might just find the entire contents of my bedroom or house.
I am the successful person I am today because you helped me believe I could succeed. I know that I wasn't the most wonderful child to raise. I still remember my attempts to run away or my pigheadedness, but I love and appreciate you.
You're so far away right now, but I want you to know that even with the distance I don't doubt your love for me. I have a testimony of the gospel today because of your choice to be sealed together in the temple. I think about that and how special it is that I've been sealed twice now in the D.C. temple. I appreciate your faith and your dedication to do hard things.
I know that right now things aren't going so well, but they'll get better. It's not the end of the world, you always told me that when I was being overly dramatic, and it's true. Things do get better. You have no idea how much I wish I could be there to make things better. It's hard for me to be so far away and hear about all your struggles and know I can't take care of you like you took care of me.
Mostly, I just want to say I love you. It almost isn't enough just saying that sometimes, but I mean it. I can't wait to see you at Christmas. I feel like my students, I'm just counting down the days until I can get home.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
What don't I crave? However, the thing I crave the most is ice cream and cookies. Not necessarily together, but I crave them constantly. I freaking love both of them. It's not just sugar because I don't really crave candy. I like sweet things (a lot) as you can see by my beautiful curves and voluptuous figure, but if the world were to end and there were no cookies and ice cream I'd have some issues.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The real questions here for me is what doesn't make me different. It's a much shorter list. However, I will attempt to name a few:
Every night, before I can sleep I have to pull the covers up over my ears. I cannot sleep unless the covers are over my ears.
Also, I can spread my toes out like fingers. I can also intertwine my toes. Don't believe me, here is proof.
I love the taste of raw hot dogs.
I think that's enough personal information to hold you off for awhile.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
They're very simple and similar to my name in every way:
Becky-Had it since birth.
Beck-The "y" on the end gets difficult for people to say. :)
Becca-Only my sister and a select few people are authorized to call me this. I hate being called Becca.
B-Whip-My dear roommate M-Dub and I were gangsta' one summer.
Becky Shmecky-Esther always wanted me to marry someone with that last name. Almost had Noah convinced he should change his last name (not really). She felt it would make me more Jewish.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Put your iPod on shuffle and write the first 10 songs that play:
1. Imogen Heap-The Walk
2. Jack Johnson-Talk of the Town
3. Joey McNeely-The Score-Uptown Girls
4. Lonestar-My Front Porch Looking In
5. Enya-If I Could Be Where You Are
6. Brother Iz-Track 04
7. India Arie-Video
8. Bare Naked Ladies-Off the Hook
9. Small Sins-Stay(A random song I got from an iTunes sampler)
10. Enya-It's in the Rain
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Why oh why do you burn when I squat, when I sit, when I walk? Muscles are meant to help me move and now they torture me. Body, you had better not hurt me again or I'm going to kick some trash. I promise I'll punish you by running harder.
Noah also suggested I write to the asphalt...
You suck. Literally, you suck my knees down to greet you and it hurts. Thanks to you my knees are bruised and scarred. I hate you.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
1. Lose 5% of my body weight. That's 9 lbs.
How: Follow weight watchers and exercise everyday. On Sundays I enjoy leisurely walks.
2. Read my scriptures every day for at least 10 min.
How: Pure will power.
3. Plan lessons for the entire month of December.
How: Make better use of my planning time.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
This is really a loaded question. However, I find that the best answer to this is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would have never been married to my husband for eternity, which is the second thing that has had the most impact on me. The teachings of the church center on Jesus Christ and his atonement. I know you'll probably read a bajillion blogs about him, but it only goes to show his impact. My testimony is simple. I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that God lives. I know that he atoned for our sins. I know that God has watched over me every step of my life and that he will never abandon me. I know that I will see God again. I know the Book of Mormon is a true record and that it is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Batman doesn't have any fancy super powers that he got because he's an alien. I think this fact alone makes him a more believable hero. I give credit to the other guys with the fancy super powers, they're cool to see and I like to imagine what it would be like to have powers like that. However, I personally connect with the guy who dresses up in the thing he fears most and saves ordinary people's lives through the use of plausible technology.
Another reason I think makes him awesome is Batman teaches us bravery. He learns to conquer the things he fears most and turn them in to strengths. I know that I could be a bit braver and be more like Batman when it comes to spiders. Also, I could be a good person and capture bad guys.
Really, we could all be a bit more like Batman and make the world a more livable place. Batman is just like you and me, one day at a time he makes his city safer. Thanks to Batman Gotham is a better city. Thanks to his example we all strive to be better people.
Wellllll, I don't really want to admit this, but I get really cranky at other drivers. For example, the other day at the gas station I was waiting in line and someone drove up and butted. I hate people who cut in line, especially at gas stations. So I start being really angry, but while I don't act out at them I still think cranky thoughts about them and say unkind things about them behind the glass of my car. I have a very difficult time with discourteous drivers. I sometimes feel that I'm like a little kid shouting, "That's not fair!" Something to really work on, eh?
So these are the girls I grew up with (Can you tell that I took this picture with Photo Booth instead of scanning it in?).I'm not sure how much they're going to hurt me for this, but here is just an example of the fun times we had...
And now here we are all grown up last year on my birthday!
The other people I love and adore are my old roommates. Noah is included in this because he is my husband and was going to be bored without me. However, technically he is now my roommate.
"From the Middle to the End"
I was trying to figure out what to name my blog and I figured, well, this isn't the beginning of my life. So, it's from the middle to the end. Very creative, I know. I thought it sounded artsy, especially when I added "Inquire Within." It's a little invitation for you to read!
Yes, I drew that picture on a post it and then took a picture of it.
15 interesting facts about me...
1. I teach Special Ed.
2. My favorite meal is homemade Macaroni & Cheese.
3. I graduated from college at 21.
4. I've never really traveled outside of the U.S. (Although Noah has now promised to take me to Italy or on a Mediterranean cruise, he didn't promise the last one, but I'd rather have that--or both).
5. My husband believes I have gravity wells in my knees. If you want, I'll show you my sweet scars.
6. I want to write a book. A good book.
7. I'm obsessed with Anthropologie and don't own a single item from their store.
8. One of my biggest pet peeves is being talked down to or using my age as an excuse for something. i.e. "But you're so young, you can't understand." Yeah, hate that.
9. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to read, but I hate non-fiction.
10. As a child I used to play by myself and imagine all the other characters, pretending they were actually there. One of my favorite characters to play was a shepherdess. I used to tie a pink sheet around my neck and frolic around my backyard.
11. I played with Barbies well into middle school, maybe even high school. My memory is fuzzy.
12. I love to bake. I feel like I'm inventing something new every time.
13. I'm going to run a 5k in March. I told myself I never would and now I am. Day 1 of training was yesterday and I wanted to die!
14. I feel tough when I fix something and am proud to own a staple gun. Noah did not buy it, I did.
15. I had to convince my husband to go out with me the first time.
Day 1-Recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Overall, the housewarming was a success. We're sad some people couldn't make it, but we hope they know they are appreciated. We could have never have survived the flood without them.
(P.S. Almost everything that night was WW friendly AND delicious!)
Saturday proved to be another busy day this week. I got up early to go to my WW meeting (which I lost 2.4 lbs. at!) and start working on the following delectable treats with the help of Crystal and Krista:
We had quite the spread...
I can't take credit for the following, because Crystal made this BEAUTIFUL diaper cake and the sweet decorations that are not sitting on my coffee table still. I would hate for them to go to waste...
Eventually it was time to open gifts and Jessica was thrilled. I love her happy grin in this one.
It was a lovely afternoon to celebrate Jessica and her baby(Yay Jess!). After those festivities I headed off to my third party of the day up in Pleasant Grove. No babies at that shower...at least not yet! Congratulations to Katie who is getting married in 20 days!
It was a long week, but I'm happy to begin this next week with a nice relaxing Sunday with the following:
I couldn't resist posting it again.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Today we finally carved pumpkins in between relief society meetings.
What a cheeser.
Noah said his mom would never let him do this...so I guess now that he's an adult he's defying his mother...
I went for the classic pirate however.
Happy Halloween from the Coleman's!