Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Merry Maryland Christmas

I'm leaving tomorrow for Utah. :(

While here, I spent a good amount of time going through the attic trying to re-organize and get rid of things. Some things I believed were valuable as a teenager no longer are so we had quite a bit to get rid of. A few treasures included:

My "Online Guy File"-Oh yes folks, before Noah and I were married I had somewhat of any online relationship with a boy and well I kept everything he sent me. Noah was thoroughly amused by the whole thing, but insisted that mailing everything back would not be appropriate.

Stinks Bugs-Ew, ew, and ew. I hate you stink bugs, you have ruined the smell of my childhood memories.

Glowy and Blankie-They have weathered a lot through the years, but I finally have them back with me.

Books-Oh my gosh my books. I can't take them all home with me and this made me very sad. They will have to continue to sit in the stink bug infested attic. Sad day.

Lists-I made a list of 1,000 things that made me happy. It brought a really big smile to my face.

Also, we did a little shopping while here and because I enjoy lists so much here's what I bought:

2 long sleeve shirts
1 cardigan
1 sweatshirt
1 pair of very warm running pants
A stretchy running shirt for Noah and a new pair of cheap running shoes to break in the Vibrams (see below)

And another list of all the fabulous gifts we got:

Noah:
1 pair of drunken reindeer pj's
1 pair of snowman pj's
2 shirts
1 massage
1 pr. Vibrams
2 Threadless tees
1 Old Navy gift card
1 nifty socket wrench
1 crate full of Obi's

Becky:
1 beautiful turquoise necklace and matching earrings that I've waited for since July
1 set of Tahitian pearls (Black)
Lots of soap (I wonder if my family thinks I'm dirty)
1 rotary cutter
1 self healing mat
1 iPod shuffle
1 Black Ann Taylor Dress

And we've both got a few extra pounds around the middle with inspiration from Eat, Pray, Love.

I love vacation.

No comments: