There will be pictures to follow for sure, but for now here are my impressions of The Windy City, which is actually not Windy and was named that because of political tormoil which Chicago is famous for. Political Corruption and Democrats are in an abundance.
1) First of all Chicago is gorgeous. Kind of scary, but still beautiful.
2) I got stuck on a train coming back from the city because we ran over a limo that got stuck on the tracks. Funny at first, but I just felt awful for the guy afterwards.
3) Noah's family is amazing and have been incredibly good to me.
Tonight we went out for sushi, which I love. That's just a sneak peek folks. Probably update ya'll when I get into MD. Happy New Year!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I'd like to begin by making a pros and cons list of snow. Let's begin by listing the negatives so as to end on a good note.
1. Frederick is out of commission again.(see number 7 of "Pros" list)
2. It's cold.
3. I fall often and look ridiculous.
4. I have to ride the bus, which is expensive and takes longer to get to work so I get less sleep.
5. If I miss it, I have to wait half-an-hour for another one to come.
6. It's dangerous.
7. I'm broke.
1. It's beautiful and while cold is not quite as cold as it normally would be without the cold. Doesn't make sense really, but it's true.
2. It provides extra exercise for my legs.
3. It covers the world in a beautiful white blanket that makes everything quieter.
4. You can build things in it, like sea turtles, snowmen.
5. You can fight with it.
6. No room in the freezer? Stick things outside to keep them cold. :)
7. I've made great new friends by bumming rides off of others and off of the UTA bus system. We have a love hate relationship.
8. I'm not really as cold because I'm not riding the scooter.
9. It makes the office very quiet. Gives me time to think.
On that note I'm exhausted. Noah leaves at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning for 5 days. Lame.
Posted by Becky at 11:57 PM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Today I'm writing from the office. I've been designing an ad for the office in the phonebook and have a computer with internet on it. So here I am, just sitting.
Some good news, I have a new job! Woo hoo! The catch is I'm actually staying on part-time here at the office. Never thought it would work out like that. Luckily for me the scooter has been starting pretty ok and the snow has refrained from sticking for which I am very, very grateful. The hope is I might be getting a car.
Lucky for me, Ruth's friend is selling hers for $2300 and I might just go ahead and buy it...that is if I can come up with a loan and then sell Frederick. How sad. I will always remember the good times Fred.
Posted by Becky at 2:38 PM
Monday, December 8, 2008
I believe I'm obsessed with the color red. So when I waltzed out into the living room sporting my red lipstick I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise.
Posted by Becky at 12:08 AM