Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day Veinticuatro

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am the successful person I am today because you helped me believe I could succeed. I know that I wasn't the most wonderful child to raise. I still remember my attempts to run away or my pigheadedness, but I love and appreciate you.

You're so far away right now, but I want you to know that even with the distance I don't doubt your love for me. I have a testimony of the gospel today because of your choice to be sealed together in the temple. I think about that and how special it is that I've been sealed twice now in the D.C. temple. I appreciate your faith and your dedication to do hard things.

I know that right now things aren't going so well, but they'll get better. It's not the end of the world, you always told me that when I was being overly dramatic, and it's true. Things do get better. You have no idea how much I wish I could be there to make things better. It's hard for me to be so far away and hear about all your struggles and know I can't take care of you like you took care of me.

Mostly, I just want to say I love you. It almost isn't enough just saying that sometimes, but I mean it. I can't wait to see you at Christmas. I feel like my students, I'm just counting down the days until I can get home.

Love,

Me

No comments: