Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day Treinta

What is your favorite song?

I thought this was a lame ending to the 30 day challenge, but I thought about it for a moment and decided on a pretty good song and way to end. My favorite song is How Firm a Foundation. When Noah and I were really struggling financially and emotionally back in April we were on our way to the temple and I heard this song on the radio (yay for living in Utah). I was singing along until they got to the third verse:

Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

I felt the spirit so strongly right at that moment, telling me that everything would be OK and that no matter what trials may come my way that I am supported by a loving Heavenly Father. That song goes on and is so comforting and inspiring:

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

...

The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.

What a powerful ending. I repeat that very last line with my own testimony, "I'll never, no never, no never forsake." The gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is another testament that Christ lives.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Love it! I also think this song is beautiful. I think you are fabulous, by the way. :)