Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Flying High

By this time tomorrow I will be in the air homeward bound. I feel good about that.

I was in somewhat of a cranky mood for the last 30 minutes so I decided to make a list of things I'm grateful for:

1. Noah. He has to be on the top of the list right? Really though, he puts up with a lot and I cannot imagine life with a better person. I don't regret marrying him.

2. Friends. There have been a lot of people in my life who travel in and out, but I've had some constants. I appreciate that they put up with my craziness and sometimes even come over and do Pilates with me.

3. Being Mormon. I don't know what it's like to be anything else, but I will tell you that from my point of view nothing beats it.

4. My body. It hasn't been my best friend these last five years, but it's mine and I'm grateful that I have one that on most occasions works.

5. My Job. It's tough and I spend, oh I'd say 12 hours a day or more doing it, but I'm doing something useful and I like it.

6. My calling. I spent the first couple of months of being in my new married ward having a really tough time adjusting and feeling needed. Getting a calling that made me feel useful and needed helped a lot, plus I got to know a lot of really amazing people.

7. Our down comforter. Our apartment is really cold. Enough said.

8. The temple. It's the most peaceful place on this earth. I always feel like I can go there to rest.

9. Weight Watchers. It's my support system (plus Noah) and it's turned my husband into the sexiest man alive. He held this title before his weight loss and I didn't think it was possible, but he's even sexier.

10. Wishes coming true. Sunday night I told Noah I wanted a blizzard. I got one and it's beautiful!

2 comments:

Anne Adele said...

I'm so glad that you have such a grateful heart. I am also glad that you don't regret marrying Noah.

La Esposa said...

I feel like I say this every time I leave a comment, but you.are.cute. =)

I'm grateful for you mija

Merry Christmas and enjoy Maryland!! See you when you get back