Thursday, September 19, 2013
I thought I'd share some things I've learned living in Chicago:
1. DO NOT drive on 290 if you'd like to get anywhere within any reasonable amount of time. It's easier and maybe safer to drive through more dangerous parts of Chicago.
2. Shirts are optional at art school--for everyone.
3. Thunderstorms here are FANTASTIC!
4. Margie's Candies is some of the best ice cream I've ever had.
5. Some middle school students are actually funny.
I think I'm starting to get used to this place. I still miss the mountains and not getting lost all the time. However, I've always found my way back, which is good. It's strange living in this huge place where there's so many people and feeling so disconnected, but being so crowded. People watching here is golden. There are so many fascinating people on our adventures.
Also, seeing a Georgia O'Keefe painting in real life is artist heaven. They have this sweet show up right now at The Art Institute that deals with impressionism and fashion so I also got to see Manet and Monet and Degas. AHHHHHHHHH!!! I totally played it cool while we were there, and you probably shouldn't tell Noah this, but going to see art for free was like the best date ever. It's like we're members of the museum, but I pay so much more than anyone else to go there.
I think I've made a little bit of room in my heart for Chicago.
Posted by Becky at 8:07 PM
An update! An update! To peak your interest here's a picture of the sweet desk Noah made for our apartment:
Somewhere in August we took a trip to Ohio for Rachael's baby shower. Woot! Here are a few gems for that escapade.
|Why yes it does have wheels and yes, there is a sewing machine on the other side. LOVE!|
|Ever the tortured sister.|
Posted by Becky at 7:58 PM