Aunt Liz found this shelf at DI for $10. It was really ugly...
It got better once I put the creamy color on. We thought about leaving it this way, but wanted to give it a "Boston Finish."
And finally, here is the finished product.
I want everyone to know that I did this all by myself. Noah didn't even carry it in to the house after painting(this is by no means a slam on my husband, he was working at the time).
We spent about $16 on spray paint and $2 on steel wool to scrub off the black on the corners. The cream paint we had lying around from when we painted the dressers. All together we spent about $28 on the shelf and I am immensely proud of the finished product.