Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally, Art

So remember how I majored in art and have been trying several creative outlets with my house lately? Maybe you don't, but I have. So yesterday I pulled out some old watercolors. I hated them both. So I cut up one and added it to the other.

This is a collage piece based on the family history work I've been doing. It's been an incredible experience doing temple work for my family (If you're curious why, please visit this website or feel free to comment). And thus, has inspired this piece.

After the collage I took some etch and am etching leaves and family names into the glass. Noah says he'll frame it so the glass is a few inches away from the painting. That way you'll get the full effect. This picture does not do it justice.

1 comment:

sara said...

It looks amazing. That is such a creative idea. I would love to see it when it is all done. Hope you guys have Sunday afternoon free for a little gathering at my house.