Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Can I see your license and registration, please?

As you might have guessed from the title, I feel the need to recount to you our little run-in with the police yesterday.

Noah and I were discussing how angry I am that I have to register my car every year in Utah for $150 dollars, plus, I have to do safety and emissions every single year. Noah realizes we haven't registered the scooter in awhile and we decided to check when we went to go pick it up later that day.

I arrive home first, the house is dark, and because Noah's muffler has fallen off I hear him coming up the road. Next thing I know, there are blue and red flashing lights outside my house. My heart takes a dive into my stomach for a little swim.

I walk outside and thus begins the hysterics. Remember, I still have to register my car. I'm praying like crazy and crying and Noah is looking a little forlorn. The officer asks us when we'll get it registered and seems satisfied with tomorrow. Then tells us, "I know it's hard for everyone right now. Make sure you get that stuff taken care of." He then proceeds to walk away.

I babble out a thank you and we go inside. Needless to say, today I am thankful. Thankful that Heavenly Father is mindful of our needs, even when it's not getting a very hefty ticket and a misdemeanor! Noah claims it's me and my hysterics, but I think the officer might have heard a little whisper of the Spirit.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

How often does that happen! Never in my book.

La Esposa said...

You are so cute. I love you.

And I think the officer felt a bit of the spirit as well. =)

We'll pray for you mija.