Monday, September 27, 2010

Moving Day

3:30 a.m. Police officer knocks on the door
3:32 a.m. Noah wakes me up.
3:32:30 a.m. A disoriented and a disgruntled wife gets out of bed(that's me).
3:32:33 a.m. "Are you sure that that officer was a real officer and not just someone impersonating an officer?" I say.
3:33 a.m. I look out the window and see standing water.
3:33:01 a.m. Objects and valuables begin to be moved from floor/bottom shelves to the bed and the couch. That was the last time I saw my fabulous bed that morning.
4:00 a.m. Husband, wife, father-in-law, and neighbors sit outside their cars watching the flood of water invade their home.
5:00 a.m. With no chance of sleep all parties head to IHOP.
5:50 a.m. We leave IHOP.
6:00 a.m. Arriving home the waters have receded and we go in to asess the damage.
6:05 a.m. I arrive at work.


Noah and several men from the ward begin cleaning up the 2 inches of water on the floor. I continue to work.

8:00 a.m. I hold an IEP meeting.
8:40 a.m. School starts.
11:40 a.m. Lunch with Jeannette at Wendy's (Oh thank goodness for Jeannette)
3:15 p.m. I finish planning for my second IEP that day.
3:30 p.m. Second IEP meeting is supposed to start.
3:35 p.m. Parent doesn't show up and we hold the meeting anyway.
4:00 p.m. I start walking home.
4:10 p.m. I arrive home, change and more people show up.
4:30 p.m. Noah hits a car(which failed to yield the right-of-way, the other car, not Noah).
4:40 p.m. Woman shows up at my house informing me my husband has been in an accident, but he's OK.
5:00 p.m. I return home to supervise moving everything we own in to the bathroom, kitchen, or front yard.
5:15 p.m. Landlord informs us the storage unit closes in 1 hr. 15 min. and there is still stuff everywhere.
5:20 p.m. Autumn runs to take pictures of the car accident for me.
6:20 p.m. All carpets are clear and everything is in my kitchen or bathroom.
6:25 p.m. We leave for the storage unit to put larger items inside.
7:00 p.m. We get back to the house and are informed everything needs to be moved away from the walls.
7:30 p.m. The trailer is loaded.
8:00 p.m. Everyone leaves and we unhook the trailer.
8:10 p.m. I eat a bowl of cereal.
8:15 p.m. Noah eats a bowl.
9:00 p.m. We drop off the truck in Mapleton.
9:25 p.m. We arrive at Bekah and Joel's.

So that's it. That's my day. After all of it, all I can think about is that I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The moment that people found out about our house they came running. We had a ward of people that responded instantaneously. I am overwhelmed by the kindness and love. We could have NEVER done all of it on our own.


Adam, Crystal and Lyndon said...

Becky! That is crazy!! Let me know if you guys need anything!

Kaitlyn Brady said...

What a day! I'm sorry!!!