Thursday, May 19, 2011

Once a Ponder

I've been pondering some thoughts lately that I've felt a desire to share:

1. Exercise is good for the soul as well as the body. We took a little hike up Y mountain the other night for Efaychee (FHE) and it was a blast (as you can tell from our faces of course).
We took the trip with our trusty neighbors who I will miss having next door in July, but alas, all good things come to an end, except eternal life )which never does and is something to look forward to). Now I'm rambling. On to #2!

Can my babies PLEASE look just as cute as her?

2. I love lilacs. I asked Noah to pick me some while I went to the gym. When I got home I found a beautiful vase on the kitchen table.

We sit down at watch a movie and afterwards, I need a bathroom break. I find this beautiful arrangement on the toilet:
And I thought it was the end, but I go to get into bed and find these:

Seriously, he's my favorite. I have no other husband to compare him to, but any other husband I could dream up cannot compare.

3. Finally, I joined a book club, which I seriously love. We read Man's Search for Meaning by Victor E. Frankl. He says the following about suffering:

"...a man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering is great or little. Therefore the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative."

I had never looked at suffering like this.

When each of us suffers it is, in that moment, the worst suffering imaginable. To the outside viewer it may seem very trivial, but it fills us. So the next time I hear of someone suffering I'm going to try to think of it as my own and really be able to say, "I'm sorry, it is hard."

The most important thing to remember though in this is what he says after:

"...everything can be taken from a man, but one thing: the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's own attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

In the end, I choose life forever with Noah.

No comments: